IGLO - Images Grid LayOut
Easy way to print multiple photos on single paper Simply open your images in the Gimp, run the script and print created grid
- IGLO is a Gimp script.
- Script merges multiple images to another one with grid layout.
- You can use it for printing multiple photos on single paper, creating posters, wallpaper, CD/DVD covers, etc.
- You can duplicate images in final grid to print visit-card, etc.
- Script uses as many as possible opened images according defined grid cell count.
- Size of grid cell, count of grid cell, count of rows and columns are calculated automatically, or defined by user settings.
Download ver. 1.3 (28. 1. 2013)
PLEASE GIVE ME A FEEDBACK BELOW
- last change - Max paper size is 10000 now, max DPI is 10000 now
- detailed changelog is inside script file
Install and use
- Install Gimp - IGLO is tested with version 2.8
- Download IGLO and unpack (untar) archive - on MS Windows you can use 7zip, TotalCommander, etc.
- Place script in your ~/.gimp-2.8/scripts, or [gimphome]/share/gimp/2.0/scripts/
- Run Gimp and open your images for printing
- Run script from main Gimp menu /Tools/Images Grid Layout (at least one image must be loaded!)
- Set your specific settings in opened dialog, or let it default and click OK
- Print created image
There is lot of settings, but you can only open images, and run the script without any special setting.
- size of new image from standard paper sizes or set manually width and height in pixels or millimeters
- user defined maximum size of images on the paper(size of place for image in the grid)
- units for size values
- DPI of new image
- set amount of image duplication (you can duplicate one or more images)
- count of rows and columns in grid of images (size of grid sell will be calculated and images will be automatically scaled)
- distance between grid cells
- script duplicates last image to empty cells if you set more grid cells then opened images
- automatic image rotation for best orientation in grid cell
- automatic change of image aspect ratio to grid cell aspect ration
- type of interpolation (cubic, linear, none) and supersampling for scaling
- flatten visible layers in new image (you can do additional changes to arranged images, if you uncheck the setting [for example: you can hide some layer with image to print grid without it])
- color of foreground (color of empty grid cell)
color of background (color of paper, IOW: color of space between grid cells)
Please give me a feedback here:
Count of entries: 72
Script preserves aspect ratio of images
You can allow changing of aspect ratio
You can print as many images as you want
You can set exact count of rows and columns in the images grid
You can duplicate images on final grid (open 3 images and set parameter "Duplicate image(s) x-times" to 3)
You can create empty grid with specified count of columns and rows -
width of wire is minimal space between images